Friday, January 8, 2010

Winter Sunset, Florida


It is warming up in Florida, at least in the Palm Bay area.  This is my latest painting. it was done on a Frederic 14" by 18"  stretched archival canvas, smooth finish.  I really liked it, except the edges where the canvas over lays the stretcher bars.  The paint intensified on the edges.  May be how I paint but was difficult to get a smooth application.  I did this in layers taking my time to evaluate values, temperatures. After I finished the sky, it rather looked like an abstract painting...Heaven Forbid!!!... I may get to appreciate abstract more.  Perhaps, I am learning to pay attention to shapes more.... I used a photo for a general reference that I took about a week ago right outside my house.  It was a spectacular sunset.

No comments: