Saturday, January 2, 2010

Marsh Lands Oil Painting Revisited Revisited

R. Henri, "In fact, technique can only be used properly by those who have a definite purpose in what they do, and it is only they who invent technique."

I am back on target.  I revisited the Marsh Land painting and made some conscious corrections.  Also was able to photo my painting I did on N.Y. Eve day.  I am staying with the Wet Lands paintings until I feel extremely comfortable getting distance and the water to stay down.  I am also experiementing with my greens and my skies.  Florida because it is flat has glorious skies.  I have a long way to go to actually invent technique but I am trying to paint with an awareness of what I am doing.  Just have to get my 10,000 hours in.

2 comments:

susan hong-sammons said...

Dear Honor, I just read and look at your blog through June. It was really interesting to view at your progression all in one gulp. It seems your understanding and handling of space and value is really sticking. Can't wait to see more.
Happy New Year!

Honor Bradley said...

Thank you Susan for you kind comments. I always enjoy your blog. Happy New Year to you.