Sunday, June 21, 2009

Still Life with Pink Rose


 

This was quite a challenge for me. I think I am afraid of flowers so decided to give it a try. I wiped it out 2 times but I am finally satisfied with the end result. Mind you the next one will be even better! I am working on putting in my brush time; as it says in the "Outliers", I need to put in my 10,000 hours. I have been guilty of spending more hours on studying and than on painting, I think I kept hoping there was a magic secret. There is JUST KEEP PAINTING!!!
That said I am off to see the grandsons in Denver for a week on Tuesday. It is always a treat to see them. I am so fortunate to have two great daughters and two great son-in-laws. So will be taking a break of a week. But I know my grandson will have me sketching. The younger one makes a mark and I have to create something from it. It actually is a lot of fun. Peace and Joy to all.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Hi Honor, Hope you enjoy your gransons!