Sunday, November 15, 2009

Finally

Back from vacation and Denver, and two roadtrex rallies. In between, I had been hard at work trying to improve my painting. I have to thank Creative Spotlight Artist Blog which pointed me to a DVD series by Gayle Levee entitled "Learn and Master Painting" by Legacy Learning Systems. It was just what I needed to fill in the blanks. I started with the first DVD - there are 25, about 30-35 hours of instructions. Gayle takes you from the absolute beginning filled in the blanks. She is a great teacher, reiterating her instructions until they really sink in. I have learned a lot. I am much more confident that I know what I am doing rather than going by the seat of my pants. I am up to lesson #18 and intend to continue through. I finished one of the paintings and will photograph it tomorrow and blog it, if I get the chance. I am also starting a workshop for three days at our local Art Museum. Mary Garrish is a well know artist and I am hoping to learn a lot. I will take pictures if I can and post them also. So until tomorrow, thanks everyone for sharing your blogs. The blogs have kept me inspired.

1 comment:

Celeste Bergin said...

Honor (you have a fantastic name..sure that you know that)...welcome back! Is Roadtrek a type of vehicle? We have a leaky Sportsmobile. lol. I am a little familiar with Mary Garrish..Looking forward to seeing your new work.